Re: More firewall fun

Joe Tseng wrote:
I was recently informed my network setup was incorrect and I needed to use a dual-homed proxy server.  So now I'm reworking my setup where the outside network, firewall, proxy, and intranet are aligned serially.  I've got IP forwarding enabled on my firewall and disabled on the proxy.  When I try to ping or access a web server from behind the proxy I noticed on the proxy the iptables PREROUTING counter would tick upwards.  Is it the right thing to disable IP forwarding on the proxy?  If so, how can I get the packets through without mangling the destination IP?  Is there something else I'm completely missing?

I don't have the foggiest idea of your network setup, why (or even that) it was wrong, or what you are trying to achieve.

Can we have some detail on what you actually need to do? And why?

Define some terms; proxy can mean different things in different contexts.

Posting in plain text would be beneficial too.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait