Re: list subject

On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Must be different lists.  I can understand wanting to default to
> off-list replies on certain topics, but not for technical lists.

FWIW, all the postgresql lists default to no reply-to:.

> Oh - I use different accounts completely for work/home/list related
> stuff but I want the lists all in the same spot.

Yep, and with kmail I have all that.  Multiple accounts; default sending
addresses on a per-folder basis, etc.  Six e-mail accounts; one kmail.

> Mine might indicate that I don't waste a lot of time configuring my mail
> client - or that I am not tied to a single location or client for
> reading/replies.

Penny-wise and pound foolish, IMO.  Got serious webmail for when I need it.

> instead of deleting).  I'm not sure how this will work with straight
> IMAP access though, which is one of the reasons I haven't switched yet.

With kmail on Fedora 8 (which is what I'm using), IMAP to gmail works just
fine.  Yes, I got a gmail account, too, long ago.  An earthlink engineer sent
me an invite.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer