Re: NVidia on Compaq presario and video output

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 20:59 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> A few months ago I had the unfortunancy of not being able to work with
> my Notebook and a projector which was connected to the video output.
>
> The thing was that, or I had the LCD screen to see, or the I had to see
> on the screen of the projector.
>
> How can I make my NVidia card work with both? Do I have to configure a
> dual head.
>
> I'm on F7 with livna nvidia drivers.

More *precise* details are probably needed before someone can help you.

As a counter example, I can plug an analogue external monitor into my
Asus PRO31J F3JC laptop, which uses a nVidia GeForce Go 7300 graphics
chipset, and play with a Fn key to toggle between laptop display,
external display, or both at the same time.  And that works without
making any changes to my Xorg configuration.

In this case, they both show the same display.  But if I want them to
operate independently, then I do need play around with my X
configuration.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386