Re: alfresco integration

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 12:41 -0700, Craig White wrote:

Replying to self for benefit of Les R J and anyone else tracking...
> Les asked...
>
> > ...and please post a summary if you get this and the
> > Staroffice/lucene
> > search working.

> I get an error if I try to take a .DOC or ODT file and 'run action' to
> convert it to XML...error claims, No transformation exists between
> mimetypes application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text and text/xml but I
> suspect that is something that can be fixed in configuration
> (somewhere).
----
base configuration doesn't do that - will have to figure out something
here because this is a biggie
----
> If I try to edit a .DOC or .ODT inline, I get binary garbage (perhaps
> there is no way around that).
----
Inline editing of TXT/XML/HTML works fine. I suspect that most of the
other formats are just too obtuse for inline editing.
----
> Even though I have installed alfrescoext-0.91.xpi extension into
> firefox-1.5.0.12-6.el5.centos I cannot view .DOC or .ODT in a web page,
> it only offers to download (yes, I have restarted firefox).
----
Extension is for CIFS, not for inline viewing of ODT/ODF/ODS files. Must
be configured (duh - no warnings on this) Tools => Extensions =>
Alfresco, seems likely to set it to /usr/bin/konqueror but I haven't
gotten it to work because of issues still pending because SMB is on
higher ports and haven't figured out how to use iptables to allow
communication with client apps that don't anticipate SMB on un-normal
ports
----
> I haven't fooled with Lucene (search) yet but I suspect that your asking
> means that you have had issues there too.
----
so far, all searching has worked well. Documentation suggests that all
files are indexed upon 'upload'
----
> Lastly, and this is a biggie and really sucked large amounts of my
> time...Authentication setup with LDAP is not very compatible with CIFS
> and I have gotten around this by adding NTLM, this causes other issues
> (like I can't delete users). I find the reliance upon forums (I can't
> find any mail lists or IRC links on their website) to be frustrating to
> say the least.
----
Got full import from LDAP working (sort of slick) so now I can delete
users (but import runs once an hour so a deleted user will be
re-imported if the user still exists in LDAP)

Only issue with LDAP is that newly created users get 'homes' in /Company
Home and not /Company Home/Users Home/ which is sort of painful. Anyone
who figures out where to change this gets my admiration.

Installed WCM (Web Content Management), nice, slick, imports zip files
(not tar/gz) but has kinky method of 'virtual' for preview that I
haven't quite worked out yet.

Craig