Re: audio gone since upgrade to F8

I would seriously suggest removing pulseaudio, as many folks have had problems
with it, including myself, whereas sound was working on previous Fedora
versions. You can always reinstall alsa-plugins-pulseaudio once you get the
sound working again.

There is no need to remove pulseaudio.

Just create a file ~/.asoundrc with
the contents below, and pulseaudio will
no longer be the default. No need to reboot
or logout. Just restart any application (e.g., xmms).

By the way, the default is set in /etc/alsa/pulse- default.conf,
and this is why pulseaudio is a global default.

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
}

ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
}

By the way, I like pulseaudio very much, but I have two sound cards.
With pulse, I can control my cards on the fly without having to change
my .asoundrc (how I used to do before).

-
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ