Re: How to hide a disk?

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 17:34:03 -0500
Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > This is apparently a standard file in the upstream hal sources, but
> > fedora 8 decided for whatever reason to remove it.
>
> I'll be damned if I can find it in the hal sources.  Nor do I see
> anything int he hal specfile that patches or excludes it.  Do you have
> any reference to it being removed from the Fedora packages?
>
> I find the change from F7 annoying, but I thought it was due to the
> removal of 99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi

Perhaps those are the same files. I'm not sure what all the directory
structure hal searches for things in. I just know the folks on the
hal mailing list who pointed me at the xml said it was a standard
part of hal.

Certainly looking at the xml contents of the fedora 7 file and the
file I added, they seem remarkably similar.