Re: kalarm - week starting day

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:15:41 -0600
"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  If
> you feel like experimenting, re-install kdebase and kcontrol. Then
> run kcontrol as your user, and change the first day of the week,
> save the change, and then change it back and save it again. Then
> remove kdebase and see if your changes stick. I suspect that this
> will create a user config file that kalarm will then use.

I just tried this:

1.  Run kcontrol and set the first day of the week to Monday.
2.  Apply
3. Set the first day of the week to Sunday
4. Apply
5. yum remove htdig xorg-x11-xdm kde-settings-kdm kdebase-libs
fedorainfinity-kdm-theme kdebase
6. Load kalarm, check the calendar.  The first day of the week is Monday.
7. yum install kdebase
8. Load kalarm, check the calendar.  The first day of the week is Sunday.

It appears that removing kdebase causes kalarm to return to its apparent
default of Monday, regardless of the custom setting that was previously created
using kcontrol.  If kdebase is installed, then the first day of the week
defaults to Sunday.