Re: kpowersave does not activate profile after logon

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Hi,

After upgrading kpowersave to version 0.7.3-1.fc8, it no longer activates a power profile automatically after logging on KDE. More specifically, it seems the power profile is correctly selected, but the LCD brightness is not adjusted accordingly. For example, if I log on running on batteries, the powersave profile is selected (I think), but LCD brightness is still 100%. If I change the profile manually to performance, the LCD is adjusted to 90% (that's my setting for the performance profile, this is ok). If right after that I change back manually to the powersave profile, the LCD is then correctly adjusted for 60%. However, when I logon, it's always set for 100%, no matter what profile it uses or the LCD brightness setting for this profile. Also, when the screensaver runs, the LCD brightness is automatically set back to 100%. Then I have to select other profile and change back to the one I was using to set it right again. I haven't found a bug on this on bugzilla. Anyone else is having this problem or there's something I don't know here? Should I file a bug?

Thanks,

Marcelo

I had profound issues getting kpowersave to control my backlight, until I disabled acpid. Seems they were conflicting about something, but I haven't tracked it down further. Does it work when you disable the acpid service?

	-- Chris