Re: Users and Groups

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Considering F8 is a standard DVD install if the Help is not there THAT is a bug.

Sometimes help files are missing because they were simply not written but in this case I think it must be due to a packaging error because help files to "Users and Groups" can be found on earlier releases. For example on FC5 pressing help yields browser display of:
file:///usr/share/doc/system-config-users-1.2.47/user-new.html

Maybe you can find this or similar file on F8, if not they may not have been packaged with F8. If you really want this corrected write a bug report (low severity).

I have been waiting for 45 updates to arrive via my slow DSL Internet system, and have been looking with real interest at the Gnome Help effort. I found that you can look at the whole thing. And see what is there. I then looked at the Gedit help.

Then I pressed the Gedit Help button and the Gedit part of the Gnome Help was displayed. So this is how it works. It is all there in Gnome Help.

So I looked and see no help for Users and Groups so it is needed I think. Of course it may be in-work right now.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User