Re: Users and Groups

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:49:30 -0600
Jeff Krebs <jkrebs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You have the option to ignore, or better yet, use procmail and the
"From:" header to directly divert "problem" emails to /dev/null.
Unfortunately, that does nothing to solve the problem of
mis-information being added to the list archives.
There is no mis-information on the original message. My purpose for writing the message was to see if anyone felt the same as me about the problem caused by checking all the choices in the thing.

Within minutes I got RDay's first message that said nothing about his approval or dis-approval of the way Users and Groups worked.

It was all about how stupid I am. I do not stand for that kind of crap. RDay is the worst on this list to jump a person.

Karl

I search the archives on a more-than-occasional basis to find out
how to do this thing and that thing, and I'm sure I'm not alone in
doing that.

and at the risk of dragging this out interminably, what really gripes
my wagger regarding karl is his proclivity for describing every
unexpected development with fedora as a "bug."  something doesn't
quite work the way he expects?  it's a bug.  and i find that
increasingly irritating because i've used fedora for a number of
years, all the way back to the early red hat days and, for its
inevitable irritations, it's gotten nothing but better over the years.

so it's more than a little grating to have someone who clearly doesn't
know what he's doing constantly spewing all over the Intertubes how
broken and bug-ridden fedora is, simply because he doesn't know what
he's doing.

quite simply, if fedora was a commercial product and karl was a
client, he would be the textbook example of the customer who you
simply cut loose because he's more trouble than he's worth.  he's the
client who would buy your product, not bother to read the owner's
manual, eventually cause a disaster, then tell everyone who will
listen about how your product sucks.

in short, i happen to *like* fedora, and i'm tired of hearing someone
else constantly pissing and moaning about how confusing or "buggy" it
is because they're too lazy to spend the time learning how it works.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca