Re: Questions about ICMP

Rick Stevens wrote:

Not a BIG deal I think, but wondered how I could prevent
this log message out of my log files.

Yeah, you can if it's being blocked and logged by iptables.  Look
in /etc/sysconfig/iptables and look for the string "-j LOG".  Any
rule with that in it will log the packet info.  They're safe to remove
as all they do is log.

otoh I'd rather know who's trying to breach my security, and I need to know if I'm too secure.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait