Re: help needed! Is there a Kyro II driver for FC6?

Admin at Island Software wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For historical reasons I have an urgent need to get FC6 running *today*,
> graphically, on a Kyro II card.  This is a Hercules Prophet 4500, and if
> I had realised when I first bought it, the compatibility issues I would
> hit later, I'd have left it on the shelf.
>
> However, that was then, this is now.  Is there *any* prospect that I can
> get a driver download from somewhere that will solve this? The card has
> been recognised as "vesa" during installation, but the vesa driver is not
> driving it successfully.
>
> Added to that, I seem to recall years back there was an XF86config file
> or some such, which used to contain possibly dozens of different config
> lines specifying blanking intervals, clock rates and the like, but now we
> seem only to have skeletal data in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and the drivers
> seem to be responsible for deciding their own parameters.  Is there any
> way to exercise control of these parameters at driver level, or better
> still globally for the Xserver?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

A very quick and easy google search turned up....

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/212010/powervr-series3(kyro-kyro-ii)-display-driver-2.01.21.0007-linux-free-download.html

This may be something of value...

--
Hear about the young Chinese woman who just won the lottery?
One fortunate cookie...