Re: Installation via HTTP or FTP doesn't work - possible bug?

Stefan Kuhlemann wrote:

> Yes, I did. But the installer seems adds the "/" automatically...
> I tried several attempts to prevent a "/" at the beginning - but without
> success - on the contrary - It seems, that the "/" accumulate with every
> attempt. I also had error-messages with more than three "/".

I don't think the extra /'s are the problem. At least I have seen
this same thing before, and it have never caused problem. You can
access the site by putting the exact same URL as in the error
message and it usually works. Is it possible that the site was busy
when you are trying to access it? Depending on how the installer
identifies itself when connecting, there may be a limit of how many
can connect at one time. I don't have my access logs from when I did
my install, but I know an HTML install works.

Mikkel