Re: [OT] Is Rawhide usable for day-to-day operation - reply when you've time, no hurry

John Summerfield wrote:

Fedora is more like Debian's testing, or Ubuntu's mainline. I run it on a separate system, where I want to play with the latest technology. The pooter has hardware virtualisation, and I use Xen.

Yes, this seems a good solution. I have to make some free space on my desktop and use Fedora with 'testing' repository enabled. Is it okay to mix up both fedora-stable and testing softwares together? Or I have to disable 'stable' repository and enable 'testing' repository only? In debian-world, I've enabled only 'testing' and disable 'stable' (many people mixes though)

Rawhide translates most nearly to SID. Still in development. I'm pondering on this, probably will run it as a guest under F8. Not the best for beginners without a geek on standby.

Some people run SID, Some people run Rawhide; both are possible, and I'm sure some users of both don't appreciate the risks involved. Fine for geeks and wannabe geeks.

I have to learn many things but I'm not afraid of Linux. For the time being, I may not jump to the rawhide but I'll catch up soon. By the way, you guys are really helpful and I appreciate your comments on a off-topic like this.

regards,
begin:vcard
fn:Arijit Sarkar
n:Sarkar;Arijit