RE: Deleted Massages Tbird

> > The normal configuration puts them in a directory (folder) called
> > "Trash" until you do an explicit  "File > Empty Trash".
> Check that
> > out.
> > It is possible, through the Preferences, however, to have
> them deleted
> > immediately and I don't believe you can get them back, if
> that is the
> > case.

One more thing to check.  Go look into the directories where
thunderbird actually keeps the mail.  There will be a folder
for each mail server you attach to.

for example:
$HOME/.thunderbird

contains a strangely named directory such as
m91q2nxl.default

Inside there will be a directory named: Mail

Which in turn will contain a directory like: pop.west.cox.net
or whatever your mail server is called.

The mail folders are files inside this directory.
If the files are still big after deleting mail or emptying
trash, right click the folder in Thunderbird and select
"compress folder" in the popup dialog. This should mash
it down to size.

Bob Styma
Phoenix, AZ