net-snmp ifInOctets.2 changed to ifInOctets.6

I am running Fedora 8 and I use SNMP/MRTG to graph my network traffic.  The MIBs I am graphing are ifInOctets.2 & ifOutOctets.2.  For some strange reason the data in those MIBs moved to ifInOctets.6 & ifOutOctets.6, and the original MIBs no longer existed.  I tried restarting net-snmp, but that did nothing.  I rebooted and the MIBs went back to normal.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?  Any workaround short of rebooting?

I have all packages updated to latest version...