Best hassle-free webcam suggestions

Ok, I'm in trouble. The missus wants a webcam so she can yack all day long, with her family members.

Please have pity on me, and save me copious amount of Googling by just telling me what hardware and software I need to get that will work on Fedora 8, and has a fairly good chance of "just working" and interoperating with its MS-Windows counterparts.