Re: Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

On Dec 1, 2007 11:55 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/12/2007, Tod Merley <todbot88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Dotan Cohen!
> >
> > I could easily be wrong but I think the Java applet supplied by the
> > lens manufacturer is ALL you need.  That is, IT takes the image
> > produced by the camera with lens, compensates for the distortions AND
> > puts you in the image with the ability to pan your way around in it..
> >
> > I would guess that the call to the applet consists of where the applet
> > is and where the image is.  All you need then would be a java capable
> > browser to view the image in the way that you wish.
> >
> > Please let us know what you do find.  I have friends in real estate!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Tod
>
> The Java applet is not calling a .jpg file, but rather an .egg file. I
> believe that the .jpg -> .egg conversion is done on the customer's
> computer, but I will try to verify that.
>

> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>
> --

Hi Dotan Cohen!

The only tool that I know that could do the kind of image manipulation
you require is a GIMP plug in (Perl, Python, or Script-Fu (Scheme)).
You would need to make a jig which would allow you to estimate the
distortion at all latitudes and from that derive an equation or table
the result of which is a linear estimation of the panorama.  From
there you would need your own applet to view the results.

Perhaps you can help to connect the company with the OSS community to
make a good result.

May cooperation reign!

Tod