Re: Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

On Dec 1, 2007 6:07 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/12/2007, Tod Merley <todbot88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 2007 1:39 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > My brother has an "egg" lens for his camera: it takes a round 360
> > > degree photograph that must be processed. After the processing, he has
> > > a Java applet that lets one turn around and zoom inside of the 360
> > > degree photo, as if he were standing in the place of the camera.
> > > Besides entertaining, this is useful for photographing real estate
> > > properties. Has Fedora any software that can process these images? I
> > > don't want to attach an example photo to the list, but if need be I
> > > can upload one to a server and provide a link.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Dotan Cohen
> > >
> > > http://what-is-what.com
> > > http://gibberish.co.il
> > > א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
> > >
> > > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > Hi Dotan Cohen!
> >
> > Here:
> >
> > http://www.eggsolution.com/catalog/faq.php?cID=2
> >
> > I found this statement:
> >
> > Question # 14. Can I use other visualization software, such as
> > QuickTime, Live Picture, RealPlayer, or Windows Media Player, to view
> > EGG photo's?
> > No, but the advantage to our system is that it is completely developed
> > in the Java language, allowing it to be viewed with any browser on
> > multiple platforms (Windows, Macintosh, Linux).
> >
> > My Firefox has Jave enabled.  So do most.
> >
> > I hope this is helpful!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tod
>
> Thank you Tod. I'm not looking for software to view the Java applets.
> I'm looking for software that converts the jpegs that came out of the
> camera into Java applets that will run on Fedora.
>

> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>
> --

Hi Dotan Cohen!

I could easily be wrong but I think the Java applet supplied by the
lens manufacturer is ALL you need.  That is, IT takes the image
produced by the camera with lens, compensates for the distortions AND
puts you in the image with the ability to pan your way around in it..

I would guess that the call to the applet consists of where the applet
is and where the image is.  All you need then would be a java capable
browser to view the image in the way that you wish.

Please let us know what you do find.  I have friends in real estate!

Thanks!

Tod