Re: Is "/usr/bin/passwd" working as devlers expected?

Makoto Mizukami wrote:
Hello,

When I just tried to change password of my user account, "/usr/bin/passwd" returned me messages like following:
-----
[((username))@localhost ~]$ passwd
Changing password for user ((username)).
Changing password for ((username)).
(current) UNIX password: New UNIX password: BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word
New UNIX password: BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word
New UNIX password: BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
-----
and I cannot change my password. It is true that I had type a simple English word, but when I did with root, it only alerts me once and I was able to change the root password. Please tell me whethere this is normal happening or not.

Thanks,
Makoto Mizukami

   This is normal. You must have a good password to send it.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User