Re: OpenOffice 2.3 - Sun Version - Will It Run Under Fedora 8

Rick Bilonick wrote:
I have OpenOffice 2.3 installed under Fedora 8 from the Red Hat rpms.
Will the official Sun version of OOo work under Fedora 8? I know in the
past there have been problems getting the official version to run under
Fedora.

The only problem I've had with any OO.org release in the last year was the selinux 'memory exec' denial, and setroubleshoot tells you the exact command to allow OOo to run.

With F7, I installed the Sun JRE; with F8, the Fedora-packaged icedtea seems to work just fine.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I am having a problem with the current rc for 2.3.1: it recognizes, but doesn't seem to work with, the Fedora icedtea JRE. None of the database functions work.

The stable release of 2.3 and the m_235 snapshot release are fine on my stock F8/i386 system, except there is no audio or video support.

<Joe