Re: Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

On 02/12/2007, Les <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Dotan,
>         From what I gather, the viewers accept the egg image and correct it for
> luminosity and spherical abberation, then display it in a java user
> interface that you can scan through.  Is there an intermediate step I am
> missing?  In fact the Egg website uses a newwindow javascript call to
> invoke an HTML script, which I believe is the viewer.

I believe that there is an intermediate step as the java viewer uses
an .egg file, not the .jpg file that a camera produces. Thus,
something is turning that .jpg into an .egg. I tried opening the .egg
file in Gimp, but Gimp would not recognize it as an image file. Even
when renamed to a jpg file extension.

>         In the link from Chris refering to :
> http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html
> It appears to refer to the egg images about halfway down, and uses a
> java applet to view them.  If I understand you correctly you wish to
> have some applet called that captures and setup the album such as is
> used by the eff viewer software, so that the arrows around the title
> frame will select next or prior images, as is done for the house display
> in the real estate album of the egg website.  Is that the issue for you?

I could not find the reference on that page, but on this one:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Unusual_remappings
the egg image seems to be a 360 degree panoramic arc.

I speak with my brother and find out _exactly_ how he processes the
images. The Egg website is not clear on the matter, and the FAQs seem
to be more for troubleshooting, aimed at existing customers, rather
than information about the product itself.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.