compiz-fusion and emerald

Hi,

I decided to try compiz-fusion one more time,
and although the effects I tried worked,
once again when I logout and login all
windows lose their borders.

The solution is to run from a terminal

emerald --replace &

But I could not make this command run automatically.
In previous versions (FC6) I could just add a script to
the session startup programs, and that would do the trick.
Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for compiz.

Also, it takes a long time to a saved session come up
after I call emerald manually (maybe 2 min for the saved windows show up) .

Am I just not seeing an obvious solution?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ