Re: Is Beagle a Good Thing?

In what window?
I use KDE, and I don't see any little magnifying glass
in the konsole window,
or in any other application window.

Yes, he has assumed you used gnome. Under KDE you can, if you want, install kerry. Run this and it gives you roughly the same thing (please note I am not recommending this application...)

Alternatively you can always fire up the gnome application - at the commend line it is called beagle-<somethingorother> - Just type beagle and hit tab, it should be obvious.

Chris