Re: FC7 on my lappy, F8 dvd in drive, fresh powerup

On Friday 30 November 2007, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>Gene Heskett writes:

>>>Must have been the magic twanger,, it ran anaconda and now says
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>>off.  Looks like the starter pistol must have fired, I'll be back if any
>>> more gotcha's show up.
>>
>> I guess they did, it has been stuck, with the HD led on, but no dvd
>> activity, at 99% in the dependency check since about 7 hours ago.  The
>> machine is relatively cool, so its not working very hard.  No response to
>> the tab, alt+tab, space, or F12 keys.
>>
>> What is next folks?
>
>The 99% halt in dependency check is, I believe, a known bug if you have some
>packages installed from non-Fedora repositories (Livna, FreshRPMS, etc…)
>whose dependencies cannot be groked by anaconda; although your ALT-Fx should
>still work, though.

In other words, the anaconda got trapped on the bottom too long and drowned.
Serves it right.

>Take an inventory of all the stuff that you have installed from non-Fedora
>sources, and nuke them via rpm -e. You can reinstall them later, after the
>ugprade.

I had only 4 packages all related to mplayer to nuke and the yum update is
still at work.  On package 512's dl ATM.

Thanks, it might come in handy when I do this box.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)