Re: Extreme memory usage for gnome-panel related apps

> Well, it might seem a lot, but your memory still has enough room left.
> You say it has 432 mb free, but on my system it usually has like 15 mb
> free (even on 2GB systems). This is not because Fedora takes up so much
> memory, but because files are being cached in memory. If the need arises
> that programs need more
> memory, it will free up this space, and allow programs to take it up.
>
> I'd double check "free" again, and look at the amount that cache is
> taking up.

I checked it with the System Monitor tool (Applications -> System
Tools -> System Monitor). If Fedora is caching that much as showed in
the list i showed than i expect it to be a lot faster.

and i said it was using 432MB not free ;) free was probably more
because i have 1GB (1024 - 432 = 592 MB free). But again.. having it
free doesn't mean that it all needs to be used up for NO noticeable
purpose.