Re: anyone have an Acer TravelMate notebook or anything with an Atheros wifi chip?

On Nov 29, 2007 11:36 AM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So you did try using it with ndiswrapper?  If so, I'd like to try that
out before I spend any more money, but I don't see AR5007EG listed on
the ndiswrapper website.  Which driver did you use, and where did you
get it?

Yes, I did, actually.  Though technically it does work, sometimes the system just forgets the wireless is installed, and sometimes ndiswrapper just refuses to connect to any wireless hub.  But if you want to try it, you can get the XP drivers from http://www.atheros.cz/download.php?atheros=AR5007EG&system=1 ; they do work with ndiswrapper.

Also, you may want to search for and install the acer_acpi program...