Re: yum doesn't remove old package files

On Thursday 29 November 2007 08:09:29 am Michael Schwendt wrote:
> It's just that when the old package was removed, the directory was not empty
>  and contained _files_ that don't belong into the firefox package, and RPM
>  _can't_ remove the directory then.

That's a good one Michael. I never thought about this.  That's pretty sure his
problem.

Nico: Try to recreate the problem. Uninstall all your firefox versions and
instlal the stock one. Then put some file in the firefox directory and then
run yum update. See if the old directory is there...  Do it again without
putting the file in the directory and notice that is removed when you
upgrade...

Jorge