Re: OT: RHEL 5.1 client Error executing formatting or display command.

Found the problem ... I only found it because another admin did NOT have the problem, his profile was different and his main system is SunOS.

In /etc/profile we have some code that would run "return".  If "return" was commented out the shell issues went away, this modification has worked on many other Linux systems in the past and more than one person had the issue so I figured it was caused by something other than a users profile, I did not think the system profile was causing it ... besides the same code worked on other Linux systems.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.

- Jamie