Re: how to share internet connection in fedora

Paul Shaffer wrote:
Azeez, what you need is not trite retorts from resident list imbeciles (see Bill's response below), but rather to employ an iptables firewall application/script. There are numerous available to meet any need from simple to enterprise-capable. Firestarter, Shorewall, and I believe there is a basic firewall configuration utility in the distro. The web-based firewall gui in Webmin provides a very simple rudimentary funtion for this. There are many others. Keywords: firewall, nat, masq.

Right, without knowing if he's asking how to plug two computers into a switch, use Fedora as a firewall, run multiple virtual machines network connected, or any of the other things you could mean by "share internet connection in fedora." Instead of asking for clarification so I could actually help with his problem I should have pulled an answer out of my ass so I look smart?

Well I guess I should have, you sure did.

On TV game shows someone gives an answer and then the contestant has to make up a matching question. On a mailing list the question comes first and then you have to understand it and provide the matching answer.
v/r Paul

*/Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    azeez khan wrote:
     > hi
     > can u plz explain me how to share internet connection in fedora os

    Share it with what?

-- Bill Davidsen

-- fedora-list mailing list