Re: Serial Port Bug?

Lamar Owen wrote:
On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
    I have a software I like to use called gmfsk which uses the serial
port to turn on and off the transmitter in my radio. It worked fine on
my old computer. Now when I try to run gmfsk it puts up an error panel
that says "Not a serial or parallel port". This made me think the new
computer which has a serial port that is not working.

Is the serial port enabled in the BIOS?  What does the command
dmesg | grep ttyS
give you? (upper case S).
Hi Lamar, I get nothing from dmesg | grep ttyS and I even tried /dev/ttyS :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User