Re: recently started crashing 4 am

On Tuesday 27 November 2007 01:04:31 am Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> My "usual suspects" would be
> * rpmdb corruption (I once had a case something related to rpm hung each
> night at 4am)
> * networking issues (updatedb trying to recurse into stale nfs-mounted
> file systems).
> * yum-updatesd.
> * some cron-job related job running out of diskspace.
>
> Ralf

  Yeh i looked at cron - the cron.log used to show cron.hourly's running ..
the stop at 5 am. Guess its frozen. On older logs (last week) cron.hours logs
as running at 6am, 7 am etc.

  Ok so whats in /etc/cron.hourly.
  Nothing. There are none.

  Wonder what changed in the last couple of weeks to make this suddenly
misbehave. I kiled yum-updatesd - its never worked anyway - yum-cron and
running by hand never fail. Maybe that will help. I can run a rpm --rebuilddb
as well for good measure.

thanks ..