Re: recently started crashing 4 am

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 21:37 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 5:55 PM, Mail List <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >     Anyone know what be causing what appears to be something in cron (4 am or
> > so) freezing the machine

> >        Now it is freezing around 4 am .. any ideas what may be causing this ?
> > Its been a happy F7 machine for a long time prior to this ?

> 1. As Ed has suggested, check out the jobs in cron.
4am is the point time the standard cron-jobs (makewhatis, updatedb etc)
are being launched. So it's very likely it might be related to them.

My "usual suspects" would be
* rpmdb corruption (I once had a case something related to rpm hung each
night at 4am)
* networking issues (updatedb trying to recurse into stale nfs-mounted
file systems).
* yum-updatesd.
* some cron-job related job running out of diskspace.

Ralf