Re: Wanna give me a hand debunking this?

Kelly Miller wrote:
Lamar Owen wrote:
He wants a stable kernel but a more up to date userland so that the kernel driver ABI doesn't change but userland does.

Lock the kernel so it's not updated?

I don't think anyone who has watched the security fixes that go into the kernel over any length of time will want to go without them. And even then the lifespan of a fedora release is short and release level upgrades aren't supported (I know, sometimes they sort-of work...).

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx