Re: Wanna give me a hand debunking this?

On Nov 26, 2007 1:47 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The kernel's job is to provide a stable hardware-independent interface.

I'm pretty sure the the kernel's upstream developers don't agree with
you on that.
A stable ABI hasn't been a "feature" of upstream kernel development...ever.

>   It doesn't have to keep changing to do that, particularly on hardware
> that doesn't change, although it does need security/bugfix updates. The
> concepts of open()/read()/write()/ioctl() never change. Applications, on
> the other hand, are always being improved.

Are you calling the development that the upstream kernel developers
do... not improvements? I think you just insulted the upstream kernel
developers.

-jef