Re: problems using pilot-link with libusb and Palm TX on F8

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:30:46 +0100, bobbel42
<no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had problems syncing my Handspring Visor with F8. Looking for answers I stumbled upon your post which in turn led me to /usr/share/doc/pilot-link-0.12.2/README.libusb where all the steps you took where detailed. Thanks for that!
>
> I did get it to work. About the only thing I did that you didn't mention was making my user account member of the uucp group and login out and back in again. Oh, and I removed the visor and usbserial kernel modules using rmmod.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
>   Hans

Ah, thanks!  I had forgotten to add myself to the uucp group.  (And I
didn't notice anything in the logs or the documentation that reminded
me, but maybe that was just reading things too fast.)  It works now.

Another item to add in my notes for installations.

  George