Re: wmaster0 in Fedora 8 i386 Running On A Dell Latitude D420 Laptop

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 09:53:02PM -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> What is 'wmaster0' and do I really need it? (I never checked
> before-the-hotel/after-the-hotel ifconfig output to see if wmaster0 was
> there consistently.) How can I get rid of the interface?

Mostly it is a hack implemented to support multiple hardware queues
available in wireless devices.  It should be completely ignored by
users, but at this point there is no way for a user to eliminate it.
The kernel now has generic support for multiple hardware queues and
I hope to see that used to eliminate the need for this abomination.
We shall see.

John
--
John W. Linville