Re: wmaster0 in Fedora 8 i386 Running On A Dell Latitude D420 Laptop

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 21:53 -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> What is 'wmaster0' and do I really need it? (I never checked
> before-the-hotel/after-the-hotel ifconfig output to see if wmaster0
> was there consistently.)

As far as I can gather, the master interface (or master configuration
mode) is for when you want to use your computer as an access point, for
other computers to connect to.  I haven't actually tried doing that,
though.

For what it's worth, with all your having to delete interfaces and
reconfigure them, when you went from one network to another, mentioned
in the rest of your message.  That's what network manager is supposed to
automatically handle for you.  In theory, it'll just work, and ask you
to enter new passwords if it has to.  That side of things seems to work
for me around here.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386