Re: Fedora 8: Where is the rescuecd.iso ??

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> William Case wrote:
>
> > A dumb question, I know.  But ...
> > I have always installed Fedora using the askmethod from my harddisk.
> > I have always started the installation boot with a rescuecd. (I don't
> > need a live disk, but having a rescue disk around is always reassuring.)
>

> A rather ignorant question, I am sure,
> but what exactly is the point of the Rescue CD?
>
> I tried the F-7 Rescue CD sometime ago,
> and I was told to insert the DVD ISO,
> which was not possible as there was no DVD reader on that machine.

did you specifically enter that you wanted to go into "rescue" mode
when you were prompted for it?  if you don't do that and just press
ENTER, i'm guessing that you'll get dumped into a standard install
which will ask for the DVD.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA