Re: wpa_supplicant update on f7 broken with the b43 driver

Mike Leahy <mgleahy <at> alumni.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> and ultimately I noticed this if I restarted the wpa_supplicant service:
>
> Stopping wpa_supplicant:                                   [  OK  ]
> Starting wpa_supplicant: /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf,
> -iwlan0, -DwextSIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
> Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP
> ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
> WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
> WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 -                              [  OK  ]

As a comparison I have the following output when starting wpa_supplicant
for the rt73usb driver with a usb dongle:

[root@lapmike1 ~]# service wpa_supplicant start
Starting wpa_supplicant: /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf, -iwlan0,
-Dwextioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 -                              [  OK  ]

However I then run dhclient wlan0 and get an ip address - this is using
WPA2-PSK and I then get a nice stable 54MB/s connection.

So the existence of the errors does not stop the interface establishing
a connection  - I am using 2.6.23.8-62.fc8 - which is different to you
but I wonder if you are still able to get a wireless link despite the errors
like I can?