Re: Can Java just shoot me?

Chris Mohler wrote:
On Nov 21, 2007 9:53 AM, Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Personally I hate pages that use Java, it very, very rarely adds
anything useful to publically available web pages and (as you have
discovered) it isn't always easy to get the Java plugin (if that's
what you need) working well.

I can think of only one or two applets that are worthwhile.  I use
NOAA radar sometimes.  Also, this little applet is somewhat
interesting:
http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html
(although I could swear that it used to be on another site)

Chris

Exactly, the web site is good because of Java, but they are few and far between. I have been able to see the NOAA radar without Java. I must see if it is far better with it :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User