Re: "Unitialized disk entity" after upgrade to FC7?

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 15:22 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 18:03 -0500, Bob St John wrote:
> > Peter,
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer. I tried to use e2label to label all partitions
> > and got:
> >
> > bash-3.2# e2label /dev/sda2 ntfs
> > e2label: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda2
> > Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.
> >
> > So I think I've got a more complex problem. Any thoughts?
>
> Why are you trying to use e2label on an NTFS filesystem?  That won't
> work.  You need ntfslabel ("yum install ntfsprogs").

Yes, that was a bad example for me to document . . . sorry about that.

But I can't even run yum anymore. I get:

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named rpm

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.5 (r25:51908, Apr 10 2007, 10:27:40)
[GCC 4.1.2 20070403 (Red Hat 4.1.2-8)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

In general, most of my "administrative" applications don't run after the
upgrade to FC7.

Bob St. John