Re: "Unitialized disk entity" after upgrade to FC7?

Bob

In your on-disk version of 'Release Notes' find the URL for the updated online version and read about the necessity to label your partitions and correct your fstab.

kind regards

peter

 Bob St John wrote:
Folks,

I upgraded from FC6 to FC7 and many applications that I had on FC6 fail
to start on FC7.

I apparently have some uninitialized disk partitions:

/dev/sda1 = / root (EXT3)
/dev/sda2 = Unmounted Windows XP partition (dual boot system)
/dev/sda3 = Unmounted EXT3 partition
/dev/sda4 = Unmounted SWAP partition

I suspect that /etc/fstabs is important in this case:

LABEL=/                 /                   ext3    defaults        1 1
devpts                  /dev/pts            devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm            tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc               proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/sda4               swap                swap    defaults        0 0

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks . . .

Bob St. John