Re: backup vmware

roland wrote:
Thanks for help
Till now I cannot activate the tape device in the virtual clients so

I will try to connect the server to the clients with nfs.
Problem when I export the /home of the client and mount this share in the server I get a permission problem reading the share.

Till I don't understand why. I made the share ro in the client.

NFS depends on the user/group id numbers matching between the client and server and the default maps root (uid=0) to something else. Put (no_root_squash) in your exports line to permit root access.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx