Re: Turbo Memory

Claude Jones wrote:
I was spec'ing a new laptop tonight, and noticed it had 1 GB of 'Turbo Memory' -- this is a new Intel specification that uses flash memory to cache frequently used items and is only available in Windows-land with Vista. It is not CPU cache nor RAM. Does anyone know of any work being done to access this new technology in Linux?

Google lead me to this:
http://www.intel.com/design/flash/nand/turbomemory/index.htm?iid=prod_cpro-overview+rhc_turbo

Perhaps you could use the "contact us" link at the top of that page to ask intel?

And then report back.

At the very least, it services to show interest, and Intel may well be doing something about it.

It's also worth asking on one or both of RHEL{4,5} lists. I've not noticed him recently, but there has been an Intel chap hanging out there.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait