Re: how to mount usb flash/CD when not using gnome/kde

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a fvwm2 user and I was wondering how I should mount a USB flash drive or a
> CD or DVD. I do not use gnome or KDE or XFCE unless fedora ties in some
> application (such as claws-mail-plugins, which depends on libgnome, strangely?)
> and I would like it that way? Is this possible? I just want to find out a way
> to do this. Can someone please point me to some documentation, or better still,
> tell me what to do?
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Trotter

I don't know for sure if it will work, but you should be able to use
gnome-mount from the command line to mount the drive. Something like
"gnome-mount -d /dev/sdc1". Gnome-mount is a separate package, but I
don't know how much stuff gets dragged in for dependencies. The
gnome-mount man page gives some information on controlling where/how
things get mounted.

For the long term, there needs to be either a fvwm2 replacement form
gnome-mount, or a applet that interfaces with it. But I think you
can run gnome-mount directly as a work around.

Mikkel