Re: Wireless and FC8

Hi John,

Silly me !!!! :)

After correcting myself, I took out the ndiswrapper module, and
checked my modprobe.conf file, which now looks like:
[root@home ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 forcedeth
alias scsi_hostadapter libata
alias scsi_hostadapter1 pata_amd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0

I thenn went to System --> Administration --> Network to see if the
device had popped up in there, but sadly I only saw the ethernet
connection. I thought about trying to create a new network connection,
but the only broadcom device listed is "Broadcom Tigon3", which isn't
mine.

Your next step is rfkill button, what is that? I tried it on the
command line but couldn't find a command, any pointers here would be
good?
The only reference I can find is with a module, lsmod shows:

rfkill                  9297  1 b43

Thanks again
Dan