Re: Wireless and FC8

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:16:52PM +0000, Dan Track wrote:

> Many thanks for your script. I ran it but the downloads failed, since
> I don't have connectivity on the pc. Instead I downloaded your script
> requirements on to my laptop then transferred via a usb memory stick
> to the pc. I then ran the script you attached from the same directory
> as the downloads and then the script ran fine as I didn't get any
> errors reported. I then did a "modprobe ndiswrapper", but still dmesg
> didn't show the wireless card. Any ideas? I've attached the dmesg
> output after running the "modprobe ndiswrapper" command.

Clearly you missed the point of the exercise. :-)  If you insist on
using ndiswrapper, then you don't need to load the firmware...

Please forget all about ndiswrapper.  Remove any references to
ndiswrapper from modprobe.conf, and type the following command:

	modprobe -r ndiswrapper

Then observe this part of my former message:

> On Nov 16, 2007 4:23 PM, John W. Linville <linville@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You may need to reboot or 'modprobe -r b43 ; modprobe b43' afterwards.

Afterwords, you probably want to run NetworkManager:

	service NetworkManager start

With any luck, your wireless device should now be working.  If not,
please check the state of your rfkill button.

Thanks,

John
--
John W. Linville