Re: Thunderbird

Mike A. Harris wrote:
Albert Graham wrote:

It seems you are correct, this future (menu option called "messages") has been removed in Thunderbird 2.x - what a shame :(

Sounds like someone is jumping to conclusions. I'm using the current official Fedora 8 thunderbird 2.0.0.9 update, and was previously using the stock Fedora 8 thunderbird. Prior to that I used thunderbird 2.x on Fedora 7.

The "View->Messages" submenu on the main window's pulldown menus has been there in every single release as I use it all the time. As mentioned in a previous mail in this thread, it is the main thunderbird screen that must be used, not the message composition window.

I'm looking at the pull downs in the top bar where I see ...Edit View Insert.... in the main or home Thunderbird window and under View I see only the following items with "Message" in their titles: Message Body as
   Message Source
   Message Security Info

This is the same using Thunderbird 2.0.0.5 (20070727) on F7 Moonshine and Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071115) on F8 Werewolf

I do not see a "Messages"  menu item.

Is it possible that there is a customization that is making this visible or invisible?

~~R