Re: Hard Disk Backup Question

Download the g4u utility, make a CD of it, boot to the CD and use the copydisk command.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Ralph De Witt wrote:
Hi All:
I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 Computer with a 80 gig hard drive. I also have a Western Digital 500 gig My Book External USB Hard Drive attached. I would like to Back up the entire hard drive to a partition on the external drive. I have very little knowledge of how to do this. I have always backed up to a CD individual files after a data loss. I thought a auto backup routine would work, but the computer may not be on when the backup would be scheduled, and the external hard drive partition do not seem to want to auto mount so that would not work. I am using the kde desk top. Could some one add to my knowledge and help me out? TIA